15.2.08

Restos





"En fin, sobrellevamos la noche."
Antonio Di Benedetto, Los suicidas



Peach





Peach Heart

Serafina Steer


He touched this rotten peach heart
The finest discarded from the grocer's cart
He feels boyish delight as the flesh came apart in his hand
For he started to peel it

What can you do with a rotten peach heart
Slice it into a rotten peach tart
Or squeeze to a drink, though its stony core
Might break a glass or worse break my jaw

What will you do with this rotten peach heart
What good can come from such a foul start
Even at my best I was worse than the rest
And I'm past it, I'm past it now

Well, he held it all night, no accounting for taste
The smell was sweet, the juice covered his face
Determined a drop would not go to waste
He dreamed up a woman from this soft peach paste

He took out his thimble, his needle, his thread
He pinned back the skin to the sides of her head
And from the remains that lay in her place
He traced her body, her neck, and her face
She sings but...

What will you do with this rotten peach heart
What good can come from such a foul start
Even at my best I was worse than the rest and I'm past it, I'm past it
Even at my best I was worse than the rest and I'm past it, I'm past it
Even at my best I was worse than the rest and I'm past it, I'm past it now

What would you do with these dried out lips
Never been kissed, never been kissed
Bleached out eyes and skin like a crisp
And stuck at your side like a stitch


Headphones